Graveside services can be held for either a burial or interment of cremated remains. You can choose to have this service following a traditional funeral service or as the sole service. A graveside service is similar to a traditional funeral service but minimized.
- Generally, this type of service would be shorter than the traditional funeral service.
- You may decide to hold viewings and visitations for your graveside service.
- You may choose an officiant of your preference, whether it be a clergy member, a friend, or family member.
- Musicians are not typically used for this type of service.
- Photo and video tributes are not used for this type of service.
If you are arranging the graveside service to follow the funeral service, you may decide to invite everyone who attended the funeral or limit this service to close friends and family.